Helping keep you healthy.
Staying healthy is essential to an optimum college experience. Student Health Services is a full-service primary care clinic provided for students who are ill or have other health concerns they want to address and includes:
- a staff of board-certified nurse practitioners
- a board-certified internal medicine physician available for consult or appointments as needed
Services we offer
- Evaluation and treatment by a nurse practitioner for the full spectrum of primary health care concerns such as upper respiratory tract infections, dermatologic disorders, urinary tract infections, and acute injuries
- In-office laboratory tests such as rapid strep and flu screenings
- An in-office dispensary of prescription and OTC medications, supplies and equipment commonly needed by college students
- Delivery service of prescribed meds from local pharmacy (Rite Aid) to our office
- Lab orders and specimen collection for diagnostic tests sent to outside labs
- Radiology orders to outside facilities
- Referrals to local medical specialists as necessary
- Sexual health services
- Pre-participation physicals
- All required immunizations and optional annual flu shots
- Wound care and minor laceration repair
- In-office mental health and counseling services referrals
- Travel advice and travel clinic referrals
- Health education and promotion
Services we cannot offer include overnight inpatient care, prescriptions for ADD/ADHD medication, immunotherapy (allergy injections), complete eye exams, and dental care.
Students are required to have health insurance. Under this requirement, students are automatically enrolled in the Aetna Emory Student Health Insurance plan and have an option to waive out of the plan by providing documentation their personal plan meets criteria set by Emory.
Office visits to Student Health Services are covered by tuition. Students are charged for prescription medications, in-office labs, supplies, and immunizations. Some of these charges may be submitted by the student to their personal insurance carrier for reimbursement. Our office submits charges for students with the Aetna Emory Student Health Plan.
No one outside the student health office has access to a student’s health information. Records regarding treatment are privileged and will not be disclosed without the student’s written consent.
Hours and Location
8:30 a.m.–noon and 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Student Health Services is closed in the evenings, on weekends, and any time that classes are not in session—holidays, spring and fall breaks, and in the summer.
Murdy Residence Hall
Student Health Services is located on the first floor of Murdy Hall, with a convenient exterior entrance from Moore Street. We share a reception area with the Office of Counseling and Career Services.
Student Health Services
Oxford College of Emory University
104 Moore Street
Oxford, GA 30054
Students who need medical attention when the office is closed should contact the Residence Life Coordinator on duty by calling 770-784-8377.