Helping keep you healthy.
Keeping yourself healthy is key to an optimum college experience. Student Health Services is a full-service primary care clinic attending students who are ill or have other health concerns they want to address and includes:
- a full-time staff of board-certified nurse practitioners
- a board-certified internal medicine physician available for consult or appointments as needed
- referrals to other local physician specialists as necessary
Services we offer
- Evaluation and treatment by a nurse practitioner for the full spectrum of primary health care concerns such as upper respiratory tract infections, dermatologic disorders, urinary tract infections, and acute injuries
- In-office laboratory tests such as rapid strep and flu screening
- Lab orders and specimen collection for diagnostic tests sent to outside labs
- Gynecologic and family-planning services
- Sports physicals
- Blood-pressure monitoring
- Wound care and minor laceration repair
- Mental health and counseling services referrals
- Health information materials
- The most common medications and supplies needed for college students
Services we cannot offer include overnight inpatient care, long-term follow-up for chronic medical problems, immunotherapy (allergy injections), eye examinations, and dental services.
Office visits to Student Health Services are free but special services such as laboratory tests, prescription medicines, and visits to private physicians, clinics, or emergency rooms will be billed to the student, who can submit charges to his or her health insurance company for reimbursement.
No one, except the health care providers, has access to your health information. Information and records regarding your treatment are privileged and will not be disclosed without your written permission. If you are 18 or older, even your parents will need your permission to inquire or talk with health care providers about your care.
Hours and Location
8:30 a.m.–noon and 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Student Health Services is closed in the evenings, on weekends, and any time that classes are not in session—holidays, spring and fall breaks, and in the summer.
Murdy Residence Hall
Student Health Services is located on the first floor of Murdy Hall, with a convenient exterior entrance from Moore Street. We share a reception area with the Office of Counseling and Career Services.
Student Health Services
Oxford College of Emory University
104 Moore Street
Oxford, GA 30054
Students who need medical attention when the office is closed should contact the Residence Life Coordinator on duty by calling 770-784-8377.